On December 4, Santé Israël and our Cultural Competency team participated in the annual Ministry of Health conference on “Inequality in Health Care.” This was an excellent opportunity to advance and provide information about the number of different areas we work in.
In preparation for this conference we collected and published all 7 Wisdom of Experience newsletters into a brochure. Today this includes:
- Rabbi as a Hospital Consultant, for matters concerning the Ultra-Orthodox population
- In Your Language, Language Accessibility at Hadassah Medical Centres
- Assimilating Use of a Telephone Interpreting Hotline
- Training at the Western Galilee Medical Centre
- Meeting New Knowledge: Multicultural Mental Health Treatment
- So That Immigration Won’t Cost Them Their Health: Challenges in Health Care Consumption among French-speaking Immigrants
- Round Tables with Haredi Women in Haifa
We also distributed Santé Israël flyers, as well as information about our new workshops on health and Haredim.
Many thanks to the Jerusalem Foundation for their ongoing support of the Cultural Competency project since its inception. Many thanks to the Pharmadom and Rashi Foundations for their continued support of Santé Israël.